About the EzyBill (email delivery) facility
This information is for persons who register to receive the following notices from Break O’Day Council (Council) via the EzyBill electronic delivery system (EzyBill):
Rates Notices; Animal Registration Notices; any other notice or invoice for payment of fees to Council.
The following terms and conditions of use apply to the use of the facility to receive the above mentioned Council notices/invoices (the Notices) including the use of information provided by the facility.
Terms and Conditions
By accessing the facility you accept these terms and conditions of use and consent to and request Council to give and serve the Notices electronically to the email address you have registered with EzyBill and agree to the following:
- Council has an arrangement with EzyBill to electronically deliver the Notices to you via this facility.
- The information available from this facility (which includes downloadable material) is subject to copyright and is protected by laws of Australia and other countries through international treaties.
- Any links to third party websites or software on this site are provided solely as a convenience to you and such links should not be taken to imply any type of association, sponsorship, endorsement, monitoring, approval of, or responsibility for, the linked site or its content. These sites may be located in jurisdictions outside Australia and be subject to licence or other types of agreements, policy and legislation relating to those sites. Should you decide to access any of the third party sites, you do so entirely at your own risk and Council shall not be held liable for any claims, losses, expenses, injuries or damage arising from that access.
- If you choose to use the facility you must first register with, and provide your details to, EzyBill and agree to these EzyBill terms and conditions of use.
- Upon your request to receive the Notices via the facility you acknowledge and agree that:
- you are the property owner, or owner of a pet or animal requiring mandatory registration, or otherwise liable for payment of the amounts described in the Notices and you will share the relevant Notice with other ratepayers or other persons so named as required;
- you agree to receive the Notices electronically and recognise that neither a paper copy nor other electronic Notices will continue to be issued. You must cancel any other existing form of electronic delivery of the Notices as only one electronic Notice will be forwarded per billing run;
- you will not be charged a fee by Council for the provision and delivery of the Notices electronically via EzyBill;
- it may take up to one Notice cycle for your EzyBill registration to take effect;
- by using this facility the Notices will be deemed to have been given to you and delivered, presented, received and viewed by you once it has been received by EzyBill and that you will not otherwise receive these Notices;
- if you cease to own the property, otherwise cease to be liable for rates payable in respect of the property, cease to own your pet or animal or otherwise cease to receive services from the Council, you will need to unsubscribe your EzyBill registration for that property, pet, animal or service. In any event, Council will cancel your registration for any property in respect of which rates are payable when advised of a change of ownership on the title to the property;;
- if you wish to change the email address to which Notices are to be provided, you must update and keep updated the email address for the delivery of the Notices as registered in EzyBill;
- Council is not responsible for any delivery delays or failures by the facility;
- Council has the right to cease the arrangement to deliver Notices electronically via EzyBill at which time the Notices will be sent as paper copies by post;
- you may unsubscribe for this facility at any time but you may continue to receive Notices electronically through EzyBill for up to 30 days after you have unsubscribed while Council processes your request;
- k. not all communications from Council will utilise EzyBill and you will still receive paper communications by post for those other official communications;
- you have the ability to print, save a copy or share, bills, notices, statements and other communications provided by Council electronically for your records and future use;
- these terms and conditions of use may be modified at any time by Council giving notice of such modified terms and conditions through EzyBill. By continuing to access the facility following modification of the terms and conditions, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of use as modified. Council will give you notice of these changes by publishing the modified terms and conditions of use through EzyBill at least one month prior to the effective date of modification. Notwithstanding the modified terms and conditions, you may unsubscribe from this facility within one month after the effective date and in accordance with paragraph (j) above without penalty. By continuing to use the facility after one month from receiving notice of the changes from Council, you will be deemed to have accepted the amended terms and conditions of use.